Gourmet Prosciutto & Camembert Turkish Roll Recipe.
This prosciutto and camembert Turkish roll is a great lunch idea for those who enjoy gourmet taste without the preparation time. The Mediterranean salad consisting of semi-dried tomatoes, olives, spinach and avocado with luxurious blend of prosciutto and camembert is sure to please even the fussiest of palates, in fact we have found it’s a favourite with young and old alike.
- 1 120g Turkish roll
- 25g camembert cheese
- 30g prosciutto
- 25g semi-dried tomatoes
- 5 kalamata olives, sliced
- 10g baby spinach
- 30g avocado, mashed
- 10ml lemon juice
- Carefully slice the freshly baked, or bought fresh roll to create a top and bottom of equal thickness,
- Slice the camembert cheese into thin slithers and layer across the base of the Turkish roll,
- Layer the prosciutto, semi-dried tomatoes, olives and baby spinach,
- Mix the avocado and lemon together then spread onto the inside of the top part of the roll Place the top of the roll onto the baby spinach.
While they are full of flavour, the camembert cheese and the semi-dried tomatoes combined account for almost a third of the calories in this recipe.
For a lower fat version of this recipe try swapping these two ingredients for low fat cheese and freshly sliced tomato.
The Turkish roll is the main source of carbohydrates in this recipe. You can control your carbohydrate intake by swapping the roll for another type of bread or even a wrap.[panel title=”Nutritional Benefit” style=”green”] Energy: 2565 kJ / 668 Cal (30% RDI),
Protein: 24.7g (49% RDI),
Total Fats: 31.1g (44% RDI) — Saturated Fats: 11.8g (49% RDI),
Carbohydrates 72.1g (23% RDI) — Sugars: 4.7g (5% RDI),
Sodium: 1175mg (51% RDI)
Note: The approximate recommended dietary intake (RDI) is based on the daily energy intake for the average adult diet of 8700kJ.
Your individual dietary requirements may be higher or lower depending on your age, sex, height, weight and daily physical activity levels.