Chicken Avocado Sunflower Triangle
This sandwich is a luxurious treat that can be enjoyed for lunch on any occasion. Chicken avocado recipes are often family favourites. With this sunflower triangle, the fresh salad teams up perfectly with the tangy lemon and avocado mixture to bring out the full flavours of the chicken and camembert to explode your taste buds!
- 1 100g Sunflower Triangle
- 50g chicken, sliced
- 25g camembert cheese, sliced
- 30g mashed avocado
- 10ml lemon juice
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 25g cheddar cheese, sliced
- 40g grated carrot
- 10g alfalfa sprouts
- Slice the triangle to create two equal pieces and lay out on your plate or bench,
- Mix the avocado and lemon juice together and spread over the bottom half of the bread,
- Using a butter knife, spread the slices of camembert cheese onto the inside of the lid of the bread,
- Place the grated carrot, alfalfa sprouts, sliced tomato, cheese and chicken on top of the avocado mixture in sequence,
- Place the lid of the triangle on top of the chicken so the camembert oozes onto the slices of chicken.
While the sunflower triangle is a delicious and nutritious roll to accompany the chicken avocado and camembert in this lunch-time recipe, it is quite high in calories.
For a lower fat, lower carbohydrate version of this recipe, swap the triangle for a low fat wrap.
The sunflower seeds on the chicken avocado sunflower triangle make this roll the perfect lunch time filler, offering a wealth of nutrition, giving you extra energy and helping to reduce those afternoon cravings.[panel title=”Nutritional Benefit” style=”green”] Energy: 2576 kJ / 614 Cal (30% RDI),
Protein: 34.3 g (69% RDI),
Total Fats: 30.4 g (43% RDI) — Saturated Fats: 13.5 g (56% RDI),
Carbohydrates 51.3g (17% RDI) — Sugars: 4.38 g (5% RDI),
Sodium: 824.6 mg (36% RDI)
Note: The approximate recommended dietary intake (RDI) is based on the daily energy intake for the average adult diet of 8700kJ.
Your individual dietary requirements may be higher or lower depending on your age, sex, height, weight and daily physical activity levels.