Vegetarian Recipes For The Family: Roast Vegetable Pumpkin Seed Panini.
This vegetarian Pumpkin Seed Panini is high in nutrients, including vitamin A, vitamin C, thiamine and folic acid. Destined to be a lunch time favourite, the delicious blend of avocado and lemon juice contrast beautifully with the hummus and olives to offer a unique Mediterranean flavour. Vegetarian recipes such as this one are great for everyone!
- 1 100g Pumpkin Seed Panini
- 30g mashed avocado
- 60g sliced pumpkin
- 60g sliced capsicum
- 10g alfalfa sprouts
- 5 kalamata olives, sliced
- 20g hummus
- 10g lettuce
- 10ml lemon juice
- Lightly roast the pumpkin and capsicum at 180°C on a baking paper lined tray for 15-20 minutes,
- Slice the pumpkin seed Panini horizontally and spread hummus onto bottom half of roll,
- Layer the olives, pumpkin, capsicum, alfalfa and lettuce,
- Mix the avocado and lemon together then spread onto the inside of the top part of the Panini. Place the top of the Panini onto the lettuce.
Alternative Vegetarian Recipes
While they are full of flavour, the olives and the avocado combined account for almost a quarter of the calories in this recipe.
For a lower fat, lower carbohydrate version of this recipe try swapping these two ingredients for a tangy, low fat mayonnaise.
As with many vegetarian recipes, the Panini roll is the main source of protein in this recipe. If you are swapping the Panini roll for another type of bread, you can improve your protein intake by including some meat or cheese.[panel title=”Nutritional Benefit” style=”green”] Energy: 1696 kJ / 405 Cal (19.5% RDI),
Protein: 12.5 g (25% RDI),
Total Fats: 15.6 g (22.3% RDI) — Saturated Fats: 1.9 g (8% RDI),
Carbohydrates 19.1 g (6% RDI) — Sugars: 5.4 g (6% RDI),
Sodium: 615.6 mg (27% RDI)
Note: The approximate recommended dietary intake (RDI) is based on the daily energy intake for the average adult diet of 8700kJ.
Your individual dietary requirements may be higher or lower depending on your age, sex, height, weight and daily physical activity levels.